With its base in the local village which is situated 6 miles (10 kilometers) from Kells, the origin of handball in Crossakiel can be traced back to 1920 when the court was built of stone which provided a recreational outlet for many decades. Crossakiel’s first handball success was in the early 1920’s when Francis Lynch and Willie McDonnell won the Junior Doubles Championship.
Local Guards were very much involved in those days in 1932. Garda O’Hare and Garda Lynch, Crossakiel, were beaten in the Garda finals. In 1951 the three wall court was demolished and re-built, again a Garda was the driving force, Bill Molloy.
Visit the Crossakiel Handball Club website by clicking HERE.